NIKON COOLSHOT 80 VR RANGEFINDER
The COOLSHOT 80 VR is designed exclusively for measuring actual distance while the COOLSHOT 80i VR incorporates ID Technology which displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± height), making it ideal for use on golf courses with uphill and downhill slopes.
- Measurement range: 7.5-915m/8-1,000 yd.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) function is employed for reducing the vibration caused by hand movement.
The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to approx. 1/5 or less.*1
- *1Based on Nikon's measurement standards.
- Easy operation as the VR (Vibration Reduction) function is always activated when the Laser Rangefinder is ON
- LOCKED ON Technology*2: LOCKED ON sign informs you of the distance to the closest subject.
When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
*2Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- *2Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- First Target Priority mode is employed.
When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology (COOLSHOT 80i VR only)
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.5 second
- Distance measurement display step: 0.5m/yd.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Compact body design for comfortable holding
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft for 10 minutes) and fogproof, but not designed for underwater usage; the battery chamber is rainproof
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F