TAKE YOUR GAME FROM THE RANGE TO THE COURSE
Approach G80 is the first all-in-one premium GPS golf handheld with integrated launch monitor, meaning you can easily track club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated distance.
IN THE BOX:
- Approach G80
- Trolley/cart mount
- Lanyard carabiner
- USB cable
Large 3.5” sunlight-readable touchscreen combines with a slim design and easy button access to get to radar.
The quick-access radar button makes it easy to learn more about your shot, including estimated carry, club head and ball speed, smash factor and tempo.
Warm up before hitting the links. This mode provides simple feedback, evaluates swing and helps you develop accuracy and consistency.
Compete against a friend on the driving range, play in a tournament against others, or try to beat your personal best.
This feature helps evaluate which backswing and downswing timings are best for you and provides instant feedback.
41,000 PRELOADED COURSES
Your handheld comes preloaded with more than 41,000 full-color CourseView maps of golf courses from around the world. Download updates for the course you play most often.
Touch any point on the display, and it shows precise distance to that spot — fairway, hazard, landing area or front, middle and back of the green.
The Green View feature gives you each green’s true shape from wherever you are on the course, and it allows you to drag-and-drop the pin for greater accuracy.
The PlaysLike Distance feature adjusts yardages to account for uphill and downhill shots.
On blind shots, the PinPointer feature will tell you the direction of the pin so you can make the most of each swing.
GARMIN GOLF APP
Pair with the Garmin Golf app to compete, compare and connect with fellow golfers worldwide.
Use your Approach G80 handheld as a digital scorecard to track Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
BIG NUMBERS MODE
This feature increases the type size, making it easier to read yardage numbers to the front, back and middle of the green.
The Approach G80 handheld’s rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours in GPS mode.
- Physical dimensions: 2.3” x 4.5” x 0.6” (58.7 x 114.2 x 16.1 mm)
- Display size: 1.8” x 3.0” (45.7 x 76.1 mm); 3.5” diag (88.9 mm)
- Display type: Transflective color TFT touchscreen
- Display resolution: 282 x 470 pixels
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119 g)
- Battery: Internal rechargeable lithium polymer
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Interface: USB
- Preloaded with more than 41, 000 courses worldwide
- Course preview (see detailed, hole-by-hole preview)
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Automatically measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Big Numbers Mode (easier to read)
- Digital scorecard (score up to four players with optional adjustable handicaps; scoring options include Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play)
- Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
- Green View with manual pin position (improves accuracy)
- PinPointer (helps determine where to aim on blind shots)
- PlaysLike Distance (takes into account elevation changes to calculate how far it plays like)
- Touch-targeting (touch target on display to see the distance to any point)
- Full vector maps
- Custom targets (save locations you want to know the distance to the next time play that course)
- Auto CourseView updates (keeps the courses you play most frequently up to date)
- Round timer/odometer
- Integrated launch monitor tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo, estimated distance
- Club head speed accuracy: +/- 5 mph
- Ball speed accuracy: +/- 2 mph
- Swing tempo accuracy: +/- 0.3
- Carry distance accuracy: +/- 5 yards
- Practice and game modes include warm-up, virtual round, target practice, tempo training
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Bluetooth Smart
- Works with iPhone®, Android™
- Smart Notifications (iPhone only)
- Compatible with Garmin Golf™ app
- TruSwing compatible
You’ve got the magic touch. Now use it on this large 3.5” touchscreen display.
With more than 41,000 preloaded courses worldwide, you can take your talents anywhere.
Hone your technique with the integrated launch monitor.
Practice (mode) makes perfect. Test your skills, and improve your game.
Compete, compare and connect with the Garmin Golf™ app.
Up to 15 hours on one charge? Swing away.