PRECISION PERFORMANCE, CAPTURED.
In its continuing pursuit to help golfers play their best, Titleist, in conjunction with TrackMan, introduces Radar Capture Technology (RCT).
New Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls with Radar Capture Technology (RCT) developed by Titleist Golf Ball R&D engineers and validated in collaboration with a team of TrackMan experts – are designed to enhance the data capture of launch conditions in an indoor environment and deliver the most accurate information possible.
WHAT IS RCT?
Titleist RCT (Radar Capture Technology) golf balls feature embedded radar reflective technology, developed over the past two years in collaboration with TrackMan.
"The RCT golf balls include the same design, materials, quality manufacturing, and most importantly the identical performance as every non-RCT Pro V1 and Pro V1x, with enhanced indoor radar signal capture" - Jeremy Stone, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing.
HOW DOES RCT WORK?
The internal radar reflective marker has shown in Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT testing a 99% signal capture, delivering true spin versus estimates in current indoor settings.
The embedded radar reflective technology featured in Titleist RCT golf balls does not require applying reflective spin markers or precise orientation in order to capture precise data from an indoor simulator environment.
Measuring launch, speed and spin at impact improves the output of data generated by TrackMan - including the data related to calculated distance (carry, roll, total) and trajectory (peak height, angle of decent). Measured performance enables better fitting opportunities for both club and golf ball.
THE PLAYER BENEFITS
Through an optimized spin signal capture of 99%, Titleist RCT golf balls deliver true carry and total distance numbers in an indoor launch setting.
Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls improve the TrackMan experience for dedicated indoor fitting specialists committed to a premium, precision fitting; coaches and instructors aiming to give their players even better tools to work with; and Tour professionals and golfers seeking precision data capture from their indoor practice sessions.
Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models offer the same design, quality and performance as Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls but with the enhanced benefit of indoor radar signal capture:
- Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT do not require application of reflective spin markers or precision orientation, benefitting indoor-only and seasonal golf facilities that operate a TrackMan simulator and enhancing the golfer experience.
- Testing of Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models shows a 99 percent signal capture that delivers true spin, resulting in even more accurate carry and total distance calculations.
- Spin is critical to deliver an accurate data set indoors, contributing to key data points such as peak height, angle of descent, carry distance, roll out, and overall distance.
- RCT has enabled TrackMan to improve the spin detection algorithm to require less ball flight to measure spin rate, benefiting, in particular, high ball speed/low spin rate scenarios.
- Pro V1 RCT ball models conform with USGA and R&A rules.